New Hope Baptist Church
Thursday, May 23, 2013
Ordinary Folks Serving an Extraordinary God
It was in the year of 1949 when a group of dedicated Christians began meeting in the New Hope School House for Sunday School and Worship services under the leadership of Rev. B.B. Boaz. On March 12, 1950, New Hope Baptist Church was organized with seventeen charter members. On May 21, 1974, New Hope Baptist Church organized a mission in East Cadiz under the leadership of Rev. O.D. Boyd, which was later organized into East Cadiz Baptist Church on June 2, 1974. Seventeen members from this church went there to help carry out the great commission of the Lord. In 1990, New Hope Baptist Church commissioned its first home missionaries (tentmakers) to Hope, Indiana. Jimmy, Faye, David & Stephen Stallons served for one and one-half years in Indiana doing God's work. In 1993, New Hope built onto the church by adding much needed Sunday School rooms. Assistance was given by our members, volunteers and a group of dedicated Christians from Duncan, South Carolina. Bro. Todd Gray was the pastor. In 2006, New Hope dedicated its present church sanctuary. this has been done by much work and prayer of our members, church trustees, and our pastor, Bro. Gary Snyder. It is the church's prayer that many souls will be taught and reached for the Lord Jesus Christ by its use. Our present deacons are: James Robert Freeman, Ronald Clark, Lance Stallons, Greg Taylor, Marcus Frye, and Cliff Carneyhan. Bro. Mark Thweatt joined our staff as Senior Pastor on September 6th, 2009.
The purpose of this body shall be to provide regular opportunities for public worship to sustain the ordinances, doctrines and ethics set forth in the New Testament for the local church; to nurture its members through a program of Christian education, to channel its offerings to the support of the objects of the Redeemer’s Kingdom, and to preach and propagate among all people the gospel of the Revelation of God through Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
Articles of Faith
The Holy Bible is the inspired word of God and is the basis for any statement of faith. The church subscribes to the doctrinal statement of “The Baptist Faith and Message” as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention. We band together as a body of baptized believers in Jesus Christ, personally committed to sharing the good news of salvation to lost mankind. The ordinances of the church are Baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
We covenant with God and one another to walk with Christ in our conduct, in our character, and in our confession of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The government of this church is vested solely in the body of believers who compose it. It is subject to control of no other ecclesiastical body, but it recognizes and sustains the obligations of mutual counsel and cooperation which are common among Baptist churches.
So far as it is consistent with the Word of God, this church shall cooperate with and have representation in the denominational causes sponsored by the Little River Baptist Association, the Kentucky Baptist Convention, and the Southern Baptist Convention. We will send male messengers only to the Little River Association.
This church accepts the scriptures as its sole authority in all matters of faith and practice. Its understanding of Christian truth as contained therein is in essential accord with the belief of the Baptist churches as indicated in the Articles of Faith.